Since we have officially hit the half year mark, I decided to do an update to see how I’m doing with my 2016 Goals.
- Graduate with good grades.
- Find practicum downtown and make it a permanent job.
- Figure out during practicum if I want to stay where I am or continue onto paralegal studies.
- Go on a small vacation for my birthday.
- Keep up my workout routine of going 3-5 times a week.
- Some time in the year, go on a cleanse and begin a balanced and healthy diet.
- Give myself more “Me days”
- To not let planning the future prevent me from enjoying the present. (aka don’t let it stress me out too much)
- GET A PUPPYYYYYYYYY
- Plan a big trip with C and go either around Christmas time or his birthday next year.
- Try harder to follow through when it comes to meeting up with friends.
- Learn a new skill or start a new hobby.
- Take more pictures and videos.
- Read more.
- Find more things to blog about so I can post on here more often!
Start vlogging?Maybe even start a youtube channel? To get rid of things that are not good for my mental health.
- The biggest goal of the year (aside from getting a puppy) is to save up and move out with C.
Although I only have a couple of things crossed out, they are pretty big things.
I am proud to say that I have finally completed my course at Douglas College. It took a semester longer than I planned to but it’s alright. I managed to graduate with a 3.72 overall GPA, and have successfully landed a job where I had my practicum. I am now feeling like a full fledged adult.
Maybe it’s the fact that I have a 9-5 in the heart of the financial district Downtown but I am definitely feeling it. Or it may also be the fact that I spend my free time on Pinterest pinning budgeting tips.
In any case, I do feel like I am a lot more responsible. A big part of that is due to having a really big goal at the end of the year, which is to move out, and moving the correct pieces in order to achieve that.
From working minimum wage part time jobs to a stable salary job is definitely the biggest step up that I’ve ever had but along with it comes a ton of responsibility.
The Michelle from a year or two ago would have been so reckless. She would take every single paycheque and spend it to the last cent. But here I am, shoving 50-60% of my pay into my savings, making my lunch instead of eating out, and being wiser with where my money goes. So wise that I have basically budgeted the rest of my year out. Wild. I don’t even recognize myself anymore.
On the fitness front, I am sad to report that ever since my practicum/internship, I have not kept up my workout routine. The transit to and from work completely drains me and I just go home and lay on the floor until I have to make my lunch for the next day. I am working on it though and I think I will slowly build up the routine from 2 days a week to around 4-5.
June was a very exciting month because I also just got my camera recently. And I am in love. I take it with me almost everywhere I go. I even started casually vlogging here and there. I’ve been casually vlogging since about 2013 but I never film enough content to ever create one solid “episode”. So until I get over my that voice inside my head that says I am not interesting enough to post on Youtube, that is gonna be put on pause. Expect it soon though!
I know that it’s so… common now to have a Youtube channel. But this has literally been a goal of mine since 2010 and this is the first year that I actually have the drive and creative desire to go for it. I’m not expecting for it to go anywhere but I don’t really care cause it’s something that I want to do and something I’m going to enjoy.
I’m trying to switch it up this year. I’m trying to break out of my shell more, get out of my comfort zone. And I think I’m doing a good job thus far. We’ll see how it is at the end of the year.